Thursday 21 May 2015

BASIC SHAPES


The basic forms of a Folly is in a these sihlouettes (top) rectangle, square, dome top, triangular top.
middle row is the top view of Follys, they can be square or circular. The bottom row is how they would appear 3D.


Experimenting with the top birdeye view. here is the view of the square piece and how it appears overhead. I everimented throughly with different shapes added to it and different areas they would be set it.



I did the same for the more circular ones too since both circle and square were my favourite basic ones. They appear more appropriate for Medieval.

looked into the height variation between 2 if they were to be influenced from the sihlouette piece. I experimented with different outlooks  and types of height that can make it different. I also experimented with the bridges and how they can change I like the top right the most because it seems most appropriate with medieval architecture.
I like the idea of having the pieces of cylinders and have many of them. Taking both inspiration from the birdeye view and the sihlouettes I decided to go further and add the two together. Here are the different variations between the twp. I prefer the far right on the middle row because it seems more appropriate for a medieval style piece. Its not very difficult too.




My favourite one was the circular with another circle next to it. so i decided to take this iteration further and looked into the different aspects of it. If they looked better the same size, In the red is the different ways the bridge connnecting the two can go, it can arch around or go in a straight line, I like the far left with a line going straight between the two because it seems most appropriate for Medieval. 

I also looked into the ways it would be coherent with the landscape, since a folly is a small object which works with the garden and not against it. I love the far right  because it gives a sense of mystery to the folly. like its also apart of the landscape. built in.






No comments:

Post a Comment